Python Engineer for Machine Learning
Who is URSIDEKICK?
We began our services in 2014 to assist small business owners overwhelmed with the technology side of their operations. What began years ago has now evolved into a well-established IT Solutions Provider with both local and international clients, as well as a growing global presence with clients from a variety of industries. Our goal is to assist businesses of any size or capacity in focusing entirely on their core business and allowing us to be the sidekick for all things technological!
To provide you with a distinct competitive advantage and to ensure that our service offerings exceed your expectations, we constantly refine and perfect our processes, combining our extensive industry knowledge with technology and analytics expertise to co-create innovative, digital-led transformational solutions. To drive process optimization, we provide quick, cost-effective, high-quality, technology-enabled solutions. Our expert team will manage your Website, Social Media platforms, E-mails, Cloud Services, Data Backups, Development tools, Collaboration tools, and Analytics and offer you additional value-adding technology-based support services you require.
We are looking for world-class talent to join a crack team of engineers, product managers, and designers. We want people who are passionate about creating software that makes a difference in the world. We like people who are brimming with ideas and who take initiative rather than wait to be told what to do. We prize a team-first mentality, personal responsibility, and tenacity to solve hard problems and meet deadlines. As part of a small and lean team, you will have a straightforward impact on the success of the company.
As a Python Engineer for Machine Learning, you will be responsible for:
● Craft great code, empathize with our users, review pull requests, share your knowledge, and learn together with other team members
● Build, deploy, and monitor scalable, stable Python services
● Develop and maintain robust data pipelines to collect, manipulate, and analyze large datasets.
● Implement and optimize machine learning algorithms in Python.
● Collaborate closely with data scientists to implement predictive models.
● Contribute to the deployment of machine learning solutions into production.
● Test and validate predictive models to ensure accuracy and reliability.
● Research new techniques and best practices within the industry.
● Continuously learn and stay updated with new technologies and platforms in the machine learning space.
● Coordinate and communicate across teams to integrate services.
● Solid Computer Science fundamentals, and excellent problem-solving skills.
● 2+ years of Python experience
● Strong knowledge of machine learning principles and techniques, including supervised and unsupervised learning, and neural networks.
● Familiarity with key Python libraries for machine learning and data analysis, such as
TensorFlow, Keras, Pandas, Scikit-learn, and NumPy.
● Solid understanding of computer science and software engineering fundamentals
● Write, clean, understandable code with good test coverage
● Ability to take full ownership and work independently while collaborating with others in a
fast-paced agile and async team.
● Willingness to pick up new and emerging bleeding-edge technologies
● Experience participating or maintaining in open-source software development is preferred
● Good communication skills (written and verbal), proven team player, rolling up the sleeves
and getting involved in the nitty gritty.
● Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field from a top university.
● Able to work within the GMT+8 time zone
What we offer
● An exciting and passionate working environment within a young and fast-growing company
● The opportunity to work with a high-performing team
● A competitive salary package
● The ability to work from anywhere in the world (assuming a stable internet connection)
● The chance to be a fundamental part of the team and make a difference
What will the process look like?
● Application: you will submit an online application form, which will take you less than 10 mins to complete
● Test: you will take a 45min online test
● Interview: there will be 1-2rounds of interviews