Data Analytics Engineer
Who is URSIDEKICK?
We began our services in 2014 to assist small business owners overwhelmed with the technology side of their operations. What began years ago has now evolved into a well-established IT Solutions Provider with both local and international clients, as well as a growing global presence with clients from a variety of industries. Our goal is to assist businesses of any size or capacity in focusing entirely on their core business and allowing us to be the sidekick for all things technological!
To provide you with a distinct competitive advantage and to ensure that our service offerings exceed your expectations, we constantly refine and perfect our processes, combining our extensive industry knowledge with technology and analytics expertise to co-create innovative, digital-led transformational solutions. To drive process optimization, we provide quick, cost-effective, high-quality, technology-enabled solutions. Our expert team will manage your Website, Social Media platforms, E-mails, Cloud Services, Data Backups, Development tools, Collaboration tools, and Analytics and offer you additional value-adding technology-based support services you require.
We are looking for world-class talent to join a crack team of engineers, product managers, and designers. We want people who are passionate about creating software that makes a difference in the world. We like people who are brimming with ideas and who take initiative rather than wait to be told what to do. We prize a team-first mentality, personal responsibility, and tenacity to solve hard problems and meet deadlines. As part of a small and lean team, you will have a straightforward impact on the success of the company.
As a Data Analytics engineer, this is what you’ll do:
● Understanding business requirements and planning solutions to address data needs
● Partner with IT teams and business professionals to establish data-driven policies and strategies across the organization
● Develop, design, and maintain dashboards and analytics
● Collect, refine, and prepare data for analytics and visualization
● Manage and utilize the Data Analytics platform (Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, …) to extract meaningful insights from it
● Prepare reports using various visualization and data modeling methods
● Define new KPIs and consistently measure them in the datasets
● Collecting data from various data sources and normalizing it
● Test and publish dashboards and reports and schedule refresh
● Define access controls and implement security measures whenever required
● Drill-down data and prepare reports with utmost accuracy
● Creating wireframes and beta dashboards with a focus on user experience, correctness, and visibility
● Improve overall process in data management, collection, dashboard design, and entire product life-cycle
● Apply algorithms and statistical methods to obtain answers from the data
● Solving any data or performance issues related to workbooks and data sources
● Monitoring reports and dashboards and making necessary changes
● Manage implementations, architecture, and administration
● Actively manage the performance and usability of the platform to get the desired results.
● Solid Computer Science fundamentals, and excellent problem-solving skills.
● In-depth knowledge and a sound understanding of RDBMS systems, SQL, Business Intelligence, and data analytics
● Proficiency in analytics and database querying tools
● Extensive experience in developing and managing dashboards and reports in Data Analytics tools like Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, etc.
● Excellent analytical skills to forecast and predict trends and insights using past and current data
● Knowledge of data architecture, data modeling, data mapping, data analysis, and data visualization
● Enterprise-level experience in data presentation through various bars/charts/models/dashboards
● Able to build visually stunning and interactive dashboards
● Able to manipulate and blend data to design dashboards and visualization
● Good communication skills (written and verbal), proven team player, rolling up the sleeves and getting involved in the nitty gritty.
● Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field from a top university.
● Able to work within the GMT+8 time zone
What we offer
● An exciting and passionate working environment within a young and fast-growing company
● The opportunity to work with a high-performing team
● A competitive salary package
● The ability to work from anywhere in the world (assuming a stable internet connection)
● The chance to be a fundamental part of the team and make a difference a fundamental part of the team and make a difference
What will the process look like?
● Application: you will submit an online application form, which will take you less than 10 mins to complete
● Test: you will take a 45 min online test
● Interview: there will be 1-2 rounds of interview