Technical Support Engineer
Who is URSIDEKICK?
We began our services in 2014 to assist small business owners overwhelmed with the technology side of their operations. What began years ago has now evolved into a well-established IT Solutions Provider with both local and international clients, as well as a growing global presence with clients from a variety of industries. Our goal is to assist businesses of any size or capacity in focusing entirely on their core business and allowing us to be the sidekick for all things technological!
To provide you with a distinct competitive advantage and to ensure that our service offerings exceed your expectations, we constantly refine and perfect our processes, combining our extensive industry knowledge with technology and analytics expertise to co-create innovative, digital-led transformational solutions. To drive process optimization, we provide quick, cost-effective, high-quality, technology-enabled solutions. Our expert team will manage your Website, Social Media platforms, E-mails, Cloud Services, Data Backups, Development tools, Collaboration tools, and Analytics and offer you additional value-adding technologybased support services you require.
We are looking for world-class talent to join a crack team of engineers, product managers and designers. We want people who are passionate about creating software that makes a difference to the world. We like people who are brimming with ideas and who take initiative rather than wait to be told what to do. We prize teamfirst mentality, personal responsibility and tenacity to solve hard problems and meet deadlines. As part of a small and lean team, you will have a very direct impact on the success of the company.
As a Technical Support Engineer you will be responsible for:
• Helping resolve issues raised by internal users, at any time
• Responding to issues raised by chat or over the phone
• Contributing to a 24/7 team (in shifts)
• Evaluating situational urgency and, if needed, educating users how to properly report issues
• Applying quick fixes when possible and investigating possible root causes
• Identifying and communicating with the relevant Development team to assist and/or plan for long-term fixes
• Linking Support tickets with their long-term-fix ticket, enriching them with investigation results, surfacing overall progress of issue resolution
• Maintaining the Support Runbook documentation along with the Development teams
• Communicating trend analysis to the product team
• Solid Computer Science fundamentals, excellent problem-solving skills.
• Competency in Java programming
• Good at communicating, in written form, complex issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field from a top university.
• Able to work within the GMT+8 time zone
What we offer
• An exciting and passionate working environment within a young and fast-growing company
• The opportunity to work with a high performing team
• A competitive salary package
• The ability to work from anywhere in the world (assuming a stable internet connection)
• The chance of being a fundamental part of the team and make a difference
What will the process look like?
• Application: you will submit an online application form, which will take you less than 10 mins to complete
• Test: you will take a 60 min online test
• Interview: there will be 1-2 rounds of interviews