Who is URSIDEKICK?
We began our services in 2014 to assist small business owners overwhelmed with the technology side of their operations. What began years ago has now evolved into a well-established IT Solutions Provider with both local and international clients, as well as a growing global presence with clients from a variety of industries. Our goal is to assist businesses of any size or capacity in focusing entirely on their core business and allowing us to be the sidekick for all things technological!
To provide you with a distinct competitive advantage and to ensure that our service offerings exceed your expectations, we constantly refine and perfect our processes, combining our extensive industry knowledge with technology and analytics expertise to co-create innovative, digital-led transformational solutions. To drive process optimization, we provide quick, cost-effective, high-quality, technology-enabled solutions. Our expert team will manage your Website, Social Media platforms, E-mails, Cloud Services, Data Backups, Development tools, Collaboration tools, and Analytics and offer you additional value-adding technology based support services you require.
We are looking for world-class talent to join a crack team of engineers, product managers and designers. We want people who are passionate about creating software that makes a difference to the world. We like people who are brimming with ideas and who take initiative rather than wait to be told what to do. We prize team-first mentality, personal responsibility and tenacity to solve hard problems and meet deadlines. As part of a small and lean team, you will have a very direct impact on the success of the company.
As a Solution Architect this is what you’ll do:
• Lead solution-driven discussion for Digital and Data Products
• This role will include preparation of product architecture deliverables based upon product architecture
standards, creating conceptual product Architecture views, current state gap analysis and target state product
• Understand and evaluate existing and future state product objectives and ensure target state architecture
alignment is cognizant of the Digital and Data business capability needs
• Create product architecture models demonstrating how products, operations and systems
interoperate within the organization
• Conduct analysis to determine the best path for solving business problems/opportunities that may include process
improvement, systems enhancement, user training, and/or software procurement.
• Ensure solutions developed across the organization are aligned to architecture standards and principles, leverage
common solutions and services, and meet financial targets (cost and benefits)
• Provide overall direction, guidance and definition of product architecture to effectively support business
• Review, analyze, and evaluate ideas, projects and opportunities to develop new products, new technologies and
business models for various business segments
• Assess business and technical functionality to support build, buy, or partner decisions
• Provide professionally designed solutions based on requirement analysis.
• Ensure a swift and smooth delivery of agreed services.
• Collaborate with Product Management to translate technical objectives/deliverables to a project plan.
• Translation of functional and non-functional requirements into a solution design document.
• Technical sign off on the implementation project to ensure that work done confers to best practices and delivers
• Apply and utilize business modelling methods to ensure results oriented deliverables in a way that can be
recreated and used as a corporate knowledge resource available to project level initiatives and executive
• Act as a subject matter expert in the development of product architecture framework development, tool suite
selection and design and methodology development
• Coaching and mentoring engineers in architecture best practices
• Operate in a collaborative manner by guiding technical discussions to help reach a consensus; once a decision i
made, clearly communicates and backs that decision
• Regularly present the latest architectural decisions and direction via documentation and presentations to the
rest of the Product Development team
• Guide software development and quality engineering team to rigorously improve inline service scalability,
performance and robustness;
• Develop new product or feature prototypes for proof of concept (POC);
• Take hands-on development tasks on strategically important projects;
• Establish best practice across multiple engineering teams;
● Solid Computer Science fundamentals, excellent problem-solving skills.
● Experience architecting, or operating -based applications or infrastructures with building at least one well-
known successful product, ideally from inception to deployment;
● Combined experience of product development and architecture/design.
● Experience as a Full Stack developer with hands on experience in Technologies such as NodeJS, ReactJS, NextJS,
Typescript, Golang, Python, Java, Kotlin, Android, Graphql,Elasticsearch, Redis, Distributed Computing
● Must have true startup spirit and be willing to wear multiple hats, including hands-on prototyping, architecture
and software development work. Must be an strong advocate of leading by example
● Experience in a software design and architecture role, ideally in a SaaS based product organization
● Experience communicating architecture direction and decisions through presentations and clear architectural
diagrams to engineering / product groups
● Previous career track of progressive growth from software engineer, technical leader to software architect, with
thorough hands-on development experience. Strong advocate of test-driven development methodology.
● Sound knowledge of various operating systems and databases.
● Experience in customer journey mapping, product roadmaps, competitive analysis ,and product architecture.
● A solid understanding of industry-wide technology strategies and best practices.
● Experience solving challenging business problems with innovative enterprise solutions aligning business needs to
● Experience with business analysis and process impact analysis.
● Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
● Excellent communication skills with an ability to right level conversations
● Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
● Strong collaboration, communication and negotiation skills.
● Additional skills: agile methodologies, dynamic presentation, influencing and negotiating.
● Experience with AI/ML/eCommerce/Digital Health/Marketplaces/Blockchain technologies/solutions
● Experience with migrating workloads onto the cloud
● Technical expert of at least 3 of these domains: HTTP and SSL Proxy, Security Web Gateway, Cloud Access Security
Broker, Next-Generation Firewall, Intrusion Prevention System, Server Load Balancing, Virtual Private Networks,
Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Kubernetes, VM and Container Networking;
● Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field from a top university.
● Able to work within the GMT+8 time zone
What we offer
●An exciting and passionate working environment within a young and fast-growing company
●The opportunity to work with a high-performing team
●A competitive salary package
●The ability to work from anywhere in the world (assuming a stable internet connection)
●The chance of being a fundamental part of the team and make a difference
What will the process look like?
●Application: you will submit an online application form, which will take you less than 10 mins to complete
●Test: you will take a 45min online test
●Interview: there will be 1-2rounds of interviews