Who is URSIDEKICK?
We began our services in 2014 to assist small business owners overwhelmed with the technology side of their operations. What began years ago has now evolved into a well-established IT Solutions Provider with both local and international clients, as well as a growing global presence with clients from a variety of industries. Our goal is to assist businesses of any size or capacity in focusing entirely on their core business and allowing us to be the sidekick for all things technological!
To provide you with a distinct competitive advantage and to ensure that our service offerings exceed your expectations, we constantly refine and perfect our processes, combining our extensive industry knowledge with technology and analytics expertise to co-create innovative, digital-led transformational solutions. To drive process optimization, we provide quick, cost-effective, high-quality, technology-enabled solutions. Our expert team will manage your Website, Social Media platforms, E-mails, Cloud Services, Data Backups, Development tools, Collaboration tools, and Analytics and offer you additional value-adding technology based support services you require.
We are looking for world-class talent to join a crack team of engineers, product managers and designers. We want people who are passionate about creating software that makes a difference to the world. We like people who are brimming with ideas and who take initiative rather than wait to be told what to do. We prize team-first mentality, personal responsibility and tenacity to solve hard problems and meet deadlines. As part of a small and lean team, you will have a very direct impact on the success of the company.
As a Django engineer this is what you’ll do:
• Collaborate with cross-functional engineering and product teams to design and develop products.
• Take an active responsibility in creating highly scalable products for our scaling needs.
• Write highly performant code that is clean, simple, maintainable, and battle-tested with test-driven development
(TDD) for maximum test coverage automated from pull request all the way to release.
• Wear the polyglot hat and deep-dive into multiple codebases to contribute and understand
how things work under the hood
● Solid Computer Science fundamentals, excellent problem-solving skills.
● 5+ years of hands-on experience with Django
● Ability to take full ownership and work independently while collaborating with others in a
fast-paced agile and a sync team.
● Willingness to pick up new and emerging bleeding edge technologies
● Experience participating or maintaining in open-source software development is preferred
● Good communication skills (written and verbal), proven team player, rolling up the sleeves
and getting involved in the nitty gritty.
● Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field from a top university.
● Able to work within the GMT+8 time zone
What we offer
●An exciting and passionate working environment within a young and fast-growing company
●The opportunity to work with a high-performing team
●A competitive salary package
●The ability to work from anywhere in the world (assuming a stable internet connection)
●The chance of being a fundamental part of the team and make a difference
What will the process look like?
●Application: you will submit an online application form, which will take you less than 10 mins to complete
●Test: you will take a 45min online test
●Interview: there will be 1-2rounds of interviews